Planning a Wedding on National Land
The venues for which the NCA accepts bookings are listed in Venues on National Land.
Points to Note
- Popular venues such as Old Parliament House Gardens and Aspen Island, book out early!
- Contact the NCA Events Team on
well in advance of your planned date to check availability.
- The NCA cannot guarantee exclusive use of a venue as they are public spaces
- There are several separate venues within Aspen Island and the Old Parliament House Gardens so there may be more than one wedding at the same time
- There is a $25 fee for works applications if you plan to erect any structures(see ‘What to Do’ in Planning an Event)
- There is a $25 refundable bond for the issue of NCA keys. (Keys are required to access power outlets and/or entrance gates)
- There is no other fee for the use of a venue unless it is left untidy or damaged
- You are responsible for the safe conduct of your wedding ceremony
- Weddings are not permitted at the Changi Chapel, Duntroon or on Anzac Parade
- Several public parks and gardens along the foreshore of Lake Burley Griffin are managed by the ACT Government. Their permission is required to use the land for events. NCA approval is required for associated temporary structures on this land
- If you choose Aspen Island for your special day; you may like to consider a recital played especially for you! Contact the Estate Approvals and Compliance Officer for more information on (02) 6272 2951
Wedding organisers can now register to use National Land online.
You also need to complete an Application for Works Approval if you are erecting any temporay strcutures
For assistance with the organisation and co-ordination of your wedding on national land contact the Estate Approvals and Compliance Officer:
- Phone: (02) 6272 2901
- Fax: 6273 4427
Last Updated on Monday, 29 August 2011 08:26