The clean-up of debris washed into Lake Burley Griffin during the 1 March 2012 flood event began on Tuesday 20 March 2012. An indicative program of works is outlined below.
Lake users are advised to be alert to the presence of hazards such as logs and debris which have entered the lake as a result of flooding. These hazards may be partially or completely submerged. The NCA urges users to exercise caution and to assess risk levels before entering the water.
East Basin, Central Basin and West Basin
- Debris removal from the water in East Basin, Central Basin and West Basin is complete.
- The removal of debris stockpiled at these locations is complete.
- Clean-up operations commenced on Wednesday 18 April 2012.
- Debris will be stockpiled on Yarralumla Bay and is scheduled for removal by Friday 11 May 2012.
- Clean-up operations commenced on Monday 30 April 2012.
- Debris will be stockpiled on Kurrajong Point, Weston Park and is scheduled for removal by Friday 18 May 2012.
- Yarramundi Reach clean-up operations commenced on Friday 4 May 2012.
- Debris will be stockpiled at Kurrajong Point, Weston Park and Weston Park West; and is scheduled for removal by Friday 25 May 2012.
- The Molonglo River is managed by the ACT Government.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 16:31