Commonwealth Park is a landscaped park located on the northern shore of Lake Burley Griffin between Commonwealth Avenue Bridge and Kings Park. Commonwealth Park features a variety of venues with a range of elegant settings. Wide open grassed spaces and intimate sculptured gardens offer many opportunities for private or public events.
The venues located within Commonwealth Park East include:
- Nerang Pool;
- Marsh Gardens;
- Waterfalls; and
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Commonwealth Park East there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are to be erected without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are permitted, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser is to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power and or gates, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Various Public car parks with access off Commonwealth Avenue.
- Numerous powerboxes within Commonwealth Park (single and 3 phase).
Last Updated on Monday, 29 April 2013 11:34