Located on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, this ornamental park, dedicated to peacemakers, provides a private venue set in a prestigious location. Peace Park consists of landscaped parklands with a water feature flanked by two formal open grassed spaces.
Peace Park is suitable for a variety and size of events such as:
- Functions; and
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Peace Park there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are permitted without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are allowed, but must be removed immediately following the event;
- Ensure that any event related structures are erected on the event venue in accordance with the pre inspection site mark out of irrigation lines and sprinkler heads.
- Ensure there is no negative impact upon trees and vegetation in and adjacent to, the event area;
- Ensure a post event inspection of the area is coordinated following the event with relevant stakeholders for irrigation and landscape management;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- All vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas. No vehicles are to be parked on grassed areas or the paved pedestrian paths of the Lawns;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of the power key, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Zone
- 2× Grassed areas of approximately 900sqm each
- No power in Peace Park. Power available at Patrick White Lawns (Two power boxes each with 1 x 32A 3 phase and 6 x 15A single phase).
- Water taps available at Patrick White Lawns.