Federation Mall, located between Parliament House and Old Parliament House, is one of the most prestigious venues in the National Capital. Federation Mall is the ceremonial and symbolic link between the provisional and permanent Parliament Houses. The Mall is suitable for a broad range of events and installations, including commemoration of Australian history, celebration of national anniversaries and achievements, public receptions for national occasions, launches, national displays, and community gatherings.
Federation Mall features:
- Two rectangular grassed areas.
Federation Mall is suitable for a variety of events such as:
- Outdoor performances;
- Music recitals;
- Functions; and
- Sport days.
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Federation Mall there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- Due to the close proximity to Parliament House, special security restrictions can apply in this area. For further information, contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888;
- No structures or signs are to be erected without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are permitted, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser is to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power and or gates, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Two open grassed rectangular areas: 90×175m and 90×185m.
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Zone Power;
- Series of underground power pits suitable to be modified for major events; and
- Single phase power in Southern carparks.
- Water taps located on site.