Located off Kings Park in Lake Burley Griffin, Aspen Island is connected to the mainland by a footbridge. Aspen Island is home to the National Carillon, a much-photographed feature of the Canberra landscape and one of Australia’s largest musical icons. With 360-degree views of Lake Burley Griffin and the foreshores, Aspen Island can offer your event a location with a difference.
Aspen Island features:
- The National Carillon;
- Various grassed landscaped areas; and
- Picnic tables.
Aspen Island is a perfect venue for:
- Listening to Carillon recitals;
- Corporate functions; and
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Aspen Island there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- Vehicular (including horse & carriage) access to Aspen Island is not permitted across the pedestrian bridge;
- All vehicles are to be parked within the designated parking areas;
- No structures or signs are permitted on the Island without the prior written approval of the Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are allowed, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Carillon Recitals are played Wednesdays and Saturdays between 12.30pm and 1.20pm;
- The Westminster Chimes strike every 15 minutes between 7.00 am and10.00 pm;
- The closest toilet is located in Kings Park;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power and or gates, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Landscaped park area featuring the National Carillon.
- Public carpark available in Kings Park.
- 6×10A single phas; and
- 1×32A 3 phase.
- Water tap located onsite.
- Public toilets located across the footbridge in Kings Park